News & Notes - July 24
• On-site registration and packet pick up for the Belmar Chase will be available on Thursday, August 8th and Friday, August 9th on the corner of Ocean and 6th Avenue in Belmar. Hours are as follows:
Thursday: 9am - 6pm
Friday: 9am - 8pm
Race Morning: 6:30am - 8:15am
• Running is fun. Music is good. If you like to run to good music, send us your favorite running tunes and we'll put in your request to our DJ and on course entertainers. Send music requests to email@example.com and we'll do our best to deliver beats to help you best your fastest 5k time.
• Remember, if you live in Monmouth County and want to experience the Ultimate Driving Machine, you can be the lucky Chaser who gets VIP service from Circle BMW. A 5 Series BMW, a pre-race light breakfast and your race packet will be waiting for you as your step out your door on the morning of August 10th. You'll be brought right to Ocean Avenue in Belmar and then get the same Ultimate Driving Experience back home after the Chase! For a chance to win, simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner will be chosen at random during race week.
• Two of New Jersey's own 2012 Olympians have confirmed their participation at this year's Barnabas Health Celebrity Chase. Julie Culley and Donn Cabral both have strong ties to New Jersey and will challenge our All-Star list of community leaders in a competition that will raise $7,500 for local recreation departments. A former Rutgers track and cross country star, Culley will compete for the recreation department in her hometown of Clinton, NJ. Donn Cabral, a Connecticut native, won an NCAA title at Princeton University before he graduated and competed for Team USA in London in the 3,000m Steeplechase. He will compete for Princeton?s recreation department.
• Don't forget, post training photos, stories and goals for this year's Belmar Chase on our Facebook page. We'll pick one post a week as our favorite and send you a gift courtesy of adidas and Runner's High.