News & Notes - August 12
A huge thank you to all 2013 Belmar Chasers who helped make this year's event a success. Before we get too far into the work week, we wanted to send you one final News & Notes Summary.
- The Belmar Kids Chase races on Friday night were blessed by the weather gods. With storms predicted and seemingly headed right for Monmouth County, the rain clouds all parted as they moved toward the beach. In fact, a rainbow could be seen over the Ocean as the last race of the evening concluded. And we're not sure if it was the promise of Ralph's Italian Ices, Bella Tara Pizza or a cool Belmar Chase medal at the end, but the enthusiasm shown by our 250 plus Kid Chasers and their parents added to what was an already fun evening. Click here to see photos of the Kids Chase as well as Saturday's Belmar Chase.
- Just like most Chasers want to get a little faster with every race, we want to get a little bit better in our delivery of a great running experience for you, your friends and your family. Please send us your race feedback, good or bad, via email. Don't be shy, we want to hear from you about how we can make next year's race better for you. While we can't promise we can accommodate all requests, we will do our best to listen and adjust our race services to your liking.
- Congratulations to all of our Barnabas Health Celebrity Chase participants with a special shout out going to our top three finishers. Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop crossed the finish line first and in doing so secured $2,500 for his city's recreation department. In second, Lake Como Councilman Brian Wilton ensured a local leader's presence on the podium and in the process brought home $1,500 for Lake Como. And in third, West Orange Mayor Robert Parisi made his trip down the Parkway worthwhile for West Orange's recreation department.
- Our Running Club Chase was a runaway victory for one of the state's newest, most energized and fastest growing competitive running clubs in the state of New Jersey. Easily identified in their yellow and black uniforms, the Garden State Track Club brought a total of 68 athletes to the Belmar Chase. With their victory, they earned their club a VIP party at next June's Olympic All-Star Diamond League adidas Grand Prix in New York City.
- The 2013 Belmar Chase was fortunate enough to have a group of world-class partners helping us deliver a memorable weekend to this year's Chasers. Keep the following organizations in mind as we are sure they'd love to see you in the future. Barnabas Health, Circle BMW, The Atlantic Club, adidas and Runner's High, Manasquan Savings Bank, Muscle Milk, Einstein Bros Bagels, Wegmans, Connolly Station and Econo-line Movers.
- Stay in touch with more post-race updates, photos and stories through the Belmar Chase Facebook page and twitter account.
- A big Belmar Chase thank you to the Belmar Police Department, Public Works Department, EMS and, of course, the residents of the Borough of Belmar who tolerated a bunch of crazy runner folks running down the Borough's streets for an hour on Saturday morning. Belmar and other local shore towns are clearly coming back from Hurricane Sandy stronger than ever. Run the boards when you can. There are no hills or traffic lights, you'll be fitter and happier after each run and you'll be ever more prepared for next year's Belmar Chase by this time next year.